Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this in the newspaper, haven't tried it yet but it looks good.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons creole mustard or 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots or 1 tablespoon green onion
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) packageshredded coleslaw mix or 8 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 (14 ounce) jarquartered artichoke hearts or 1 (14 ounce) jar artichoke hearts
- 1 (7 ounce) jarmanzanilla pimento stuffed olives, drained and halved
- Combine oil, vinegar, mustard, shallots, sugar, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl, mix well.
- Add cabbage, artichoke hearts and olives, mix well.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours before serving.
I made this for Labor Day picnic and it looked delicious, but it was very bland in spite of the mustard and cayenne pepper. I will try the recipe one more time using a shot of Louisianna hot sauce to see it it brightens it up. Maybe some salt and pepper would help too.