Recipe by Charmie777
I found this recipe on a package of kielbasa sausage, I think. I've been making it for years. It's soooo very yummy. In addition to making it for dinner, it's also great in a tortilla with some shredded cheddar, for an on the go meal!
Top Review by katew
I did not know there was a dish called Creole - I thought it was a region ! But this savoury sausage and rice dish is great and so easy to make. I used brown rice and both yellow and red peppers. Made for Zingo.
- 1 (16 ounce) package kielbasa or 1 (16 ounce) packageother sausage
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper (or green)
- 1 (7 ounce) package Spanish rice mix
- 10 ounces salsa
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion, bell pepper and sausage in oil in a large skillet.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, stirring well.
- Cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed, and rice is tneder, about 10-12 minutes. (The amount of water needs to be adjusted to suit the brand of rice you are using.).
- Remove from heat, and let rest 5 minutes before serving.