Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe on a package of kielbasa sausage, I think. I've been making it for years. It's soooo very yummy. In addition to making it for dinner, it's also great in a tortilla with some shredded cheddar, for an on the go meal!
- Saute onion, bell pepper and sausage in oil in a large skillet.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, stirring well.
- Cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed, and rice is tneder, about 10-12 minutes. (The amount of water needs to be adjusted to suit the brand of rice you are using.).
- Remove from heat, and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
I did not know there was a dish called Creole - I thought it was a region ! But this savoury sausage and rice dish is great and so easy to make. I used brown rice and both yellow and red peppers. Made for Zingo.
I made this today, and wasn't sure what to expect. It is nothing like the Justin Wilson creole that I make and my family is use to. I have to agree with another reviewer... its more of a Tex-Mex rice dish than an actual "creole". It was very tasty and I may make it again. It is pretty quick and easy to put together. Now I know what I will be getting as the final result. Thank you for posting your recipe. (Made for ZWT9)
Except for the addition of garlic, I made this recipe as written for the Goddesses of ZWT-9 & the Zingo Plus Challenge. The flavor profile & ingredients taste much more Tex-Mex to me than Cajun or Creole, but we liked it just the same. I served it w/a mixed cucumber salad & a rolled tortilla filled w/melted Monterrey Jack cheese for a meal reminiscent of my yrs in Dallas. Thx for posting this recipe & the trip down memory late. .