Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Traditional Celtic recipe from recipesfromwales.com. These sound really good! Posted for ZWT8 Great Britain
- 4 ounces plain flour
- 1⁄2 pint milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 1 ounce butter
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil, for frying
- Sift the flour and salt together.
- Add the egg, and then the milk a little at a time, stirring to make a smooth batter. Allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- Lightly oil a hot frying pan and spread a thin layer of batter in the pan. Cook until golden brown and turn over and brown the other side. Keep the cooked pancakes in a warm oven while you cook the rest.
- Saute the leeks and mushrooms in the butter until the vegetables are softened, and season with the pepper to taste.
- Put a portion of the vegetables in the center of each pancake and roll up.
- Serve hot.
I made this for breakfast this morning and had scrambled eggs on the side. It was very good and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 8.
Thanks for posting this delicious recipe! I had them for lunch today, the only thing is it needed more salt, otherwise, perfect! Made for WT8.