Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
sweet & savory potato pancakes stacked on crimini mushrooms
Make and share this Cremini Mushrooms, Toasted Rosemary & Pistachio Potato Stack recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs mushrooms, crimini
- 2 lbs potatoes, yukon gold
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt, garlic parsley
- 2 eggs
- 12 sprigs rosemary
- 8 ounces pistachios, bag shelled
- 1 lb breadcrumbs, italian style
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces garlic, roasted, jar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- scrub yukon gold potatoes, cut in small chunks, place in lightly salted.
- water and boil till tender, 10/12 minutes,drain and set aside.
- peel sweet potatoes, cut in small chunks, place in lightly salted water.
- and boil till tender, 10/12 minutes, drain and set aside.
- clean crimini mushrooms and cut in 1/4" slices, saute in 2T butter, season.
- with garlic pepper salt to taste.set aside.reserve 1/2 c.,chop for sauce.
- toast pistachios in ungreased skillet till light brown, chop in medium.
- chunks,reserve 1/4c. for topping.peel off rosemary leaves, roast in ungreased skillet till light brown, chop fine, reserve 1/4c. for topping.
- stir buttermilk, 2T, butter,salt & pepper to taste into yukon gold potatoes,.
- drain roasted garlic, chop and add to potatoes,whisk 1 egg, add to potatoes, add remaining chopped rosemary.set aside.
- stir 1c. chicken broth into sweet potatoes, add 2T. butter,brown sugar,.
- cinnamon, whisk remaining egg, add to potato, add remaining pistachios.
- take approximately 2T of yukon and then sweet potato,form into 8 patty's.
- each, total 16. roll in italian bread crumbs.
- heat a flat griddle to medium high, fry the 16 patty's till browned on both sides. on the other end of griddle reheat mushrooms till steamy.
- in sauce pan heat 1°C chicken broth till slow boil, add corn starch to cold water, add to broth boil 2 minutes, season with garlic pepper salt, and add.
- reserved chopped mushrooms.
- to assemble: place 2T. mushrooms on bottom, add 2T sauce, add yukon.
- gold patty, 2T mushroom, 2t. sauce, add sweet potato patty, 2T mushrooms, 2t, sauce. sprinkle with pistachios and rosemary. repeat for.
- rest of servings, serve immediately.