Recipe by Karen in MA
I tried this at my local Trader Joe's - SO yummy! The original recipe hand out said portobello mushrooms, but the samples were made with crimini.
- 1 lb penne
- 3 -4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 6 onions, thinly sliced
- 10 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms (or 10-12 portabella mushroom, sliced 1/2-inch thick)
- goat cheese (to taste)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta as instructed on package, and save 2 cups of pasta water.
- In a large pan, saute onions in olive oil on a low flame until carmelized.
- Add mushrooms and add 2 more tablespoons of olive oil for around 10 more minutes on low flame.
- Combine pasta, mushrooms, and onions into a large serving bowl.
- Add crumbled goat cheese, and fluff until cheese is melted.
- Serve with 3-4 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
- Add saved pasta water (hot) unitil mixture is wet.
- Sprinkle parsley.