Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
a thick hearty anytime soup
- 3 lbs red potatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, chopped
- 4 cups canned chicken broth
- 2 spicy sausage, chopped
- 10 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream (or use half and half)
- put chopped potatos into a large pot, add 4 cups chicken broth.
- bring to a boil, add cabbage, return to boil about 10 minutes or until potaoes
- are soft but not mushy.
- fry bacon, then remove from skillet , leave about 3 tbls juice.
- chop bacon.
- fry onions, in bacon grease, drain
- add, bacon , onions, andoulle sausages to mixture,
- stir in 2 cups of heavy creme, stir, remove from heat.
- serve with french bread.