Recipe by Jen T
This French custard is a delicious filling for choux puffs, cakes or as a base under the fruit when making fresh fruit flans.
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg yolks and sugar in a small bowl with electric beater until thick and creamy.
- Beat in the flour.
- Bring the milk to a boil and then gradually add to the egg mixture while the motor of mixer is running on medium speed.
- Return the mixture to the pot and stir constantly over heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat and cover surface of custard with greaseproof paper to stop a skin forming.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Beat cream until soft peaks form and then fold gently into mixture with the vanilla.
- Use to fill choux puffs, a cake or as a base below fruit in a flan.
- This mixture will fill 12 large puff cases.