Chef #452790's Note:
Not a classic creme patisserie recipe but produces a nice thick filling that behaves itself well when in cakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix 25ml of the milk with the cornflour,sugar and egg.
- 2Warm the rest of the milk in a pan and when just below boiling point or basically when its nice and warm and not boiling mix the cornflour mixture into it.
- 3Return the pan to the heat and bring to the boil stirring continuously until it thickens. Now be careful here cos it really does go quite thick and pretty quickly too so don't wander off on this.
- 4When its all thickened remove from the heat and stir in the butter and vanilla.
- 5Allow it to cool, and if you don't want it to get a skin on the top cover with a piece of greaseproof paper pushed onto the surface.
- 6When cool use as required.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creme Patisserie
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.8
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 21.9 mg
- Sodium 28.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 1.5 g