Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Not a classic creme patisserie recipe but produces a nice thick filling that behaves itself well when in cakes.
- Mix 25ml of the milk with the cornflour,sugar and egg.
- Warm the rest of the milk in a pan and when just below boiling point or basically when its nice and warm and not boiling mix the cornflour mixture into it.
- Return the pan to the heat and bring to the boil stirring continuously until it thickens. Now be careful here cos it really does go quite thick and pretty quickly too so don't wander off on this.
- When its all thickened remove from the heat and stir in the butter and vanilla.
- Allow it to cool, and if you don't want it to get a skin on the top cover with a piece of greaseproof paper pushed onto the surface.
- When cool use as required.