Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cooking for 2 can be a challenge. This is a delicious dish for 2 that goes great with candlelight.
Make and share this Creme Fraiche Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 4 ounces penne pasta, cooked as per package directions
- 1⁄2 cup sweet white onion, chopped
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup creme fraiche, plus
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 3 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, rough chopped
- salt and pepper
- Cube chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet, add chicken and cook until chicken is no longer pink and lightly browned.
- Stir in garlic and onions and continue to cook until onions are translucent, add mushrooms and saute until soft.
- Remove chicken mixture from pan and add white white to deglaze pan.
- Cook until most of wine has evaporated, stir in chicken mixture, basil and creme fraice.
- Stir and heat on low until thoroughly heated.
- Serve over fresh cooked pasta, garnish with remaining 2 tablespoons creme fraiche and freshly grated cheese.
- Serve immediately.
I chose this recipe to use up some leftover creme fraiche I had from another dish. The sauce takes about 10 minutes to make up, so have your pasta cooking while making the chicken mixture. The colour of the dish is very bland, so I would consider adding some steamed broccoli to liven it up! Thanks for the posting!!!
Delicious and utterly RICH. I served it over farfelle pasta rather than penne and thickened the sauce with a bit of flour and water slurry to thicken it, but other than that, made as specified.
I am not a big fan of French cuisine, but this recipe turned me into a French cuisine lover! :) I loved everything about this dish. I made exactly as written (using white wine) except I left out the mushrooms because I don't like them. I'm putting this recipe straight into my keeper file. I had this with a simple tossed salad topped with Babzy's Salad Dressing and Croutons and with French White Bread. Merci beaucoup for this great recipe, PaulaG. Made for ZWT5. Update: This recipe is in my Top Favorites of 2009 Cookbook.