Prep 1 min
Cook 8 hrs
Put this over a muffin, scone and enjoy. Takes a minute to prepare; 8 hours to sit in fridge.
- Combine whipping cream and yogurt in glass container.
- Mix well, cover and let stand at room temperature for about 8 hours or overnight.
- Next morning, stir and refrigerate.
- Once cold, it will thicken.
- Makes 1 1/4 c.
- When down to the last 2-3 tbs.
- creme fraiche, add another 8 oz.
- whipping cream, stir, keep warm for 8 hours, chill and you keep the cycle going.
- The higher the butterfat content of the whipping cream, the thicker the creme fraiche.
- Two or three tablespoons of creme fraiche can be frozen for a starter.
I needed a small amount of creme fraiche and this recipe worked well. Thanks for sharing it!