Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 hrs
*^*Lovingly adopted by Mom2 T, K, K & G September 2006 =)*^*
- Stir ingredient together in a saucepan over low heat until it reaches 85 degrees.
- Half cover the cream and leave in a warm place (70-80 degrees) until it thickens and developes a slightly tart flavor.
- This will take 12-24 hours depending on the buttermilk culture and the temperature.
- When the cream has thickened, store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
- Creme fraiche will thicken more as it chills.
I needed a creme fraiche recipe for recipe #66694 so I thought I would try this one. It came out fabulous. It was very easy to make.
I decided to try this recipe because I was intrigued by your recipe for Pineapple Upside-Down Cake #53516 (that review follows) and because I never can find this in the grocery stores. It is wonderful and I can't wait to experiment with it. Thanks for sharing!