Recipe by Judi Caston
Many recipes call for Creme Fraiche as an ingredient, this comes from a French cookbok of mine, and makes a very authentic tasting Creme.
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the creams and whisk lightly together.
- Cover bowl loosely with plastic wrap, and leave in a warm place overnight, in cold weather this may take up to 24 hours.
- At the end of the maturing time the cream mixture will be thick and subtly tart.
- Transfer to refridgerator and chill for at least 4 hours before using.
- Will keep 2-3 weeks chilled, and the tartness will continue to develop.