Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These elegant truffles make a special gift. The creamy center melts in your mouth.
Make and share this Creme De Menthe Truffles recipe from Food.com.
- Combine whipping cream and butter in 2 quart saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until butter is melted [4 to 5 minutes]. Add creme de menthe baking chips. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours or freeze 1 hour until firm.
- Dust hands with powdered sugar or cocoa. Working quickly, shape mixture into 1 inch balls. Place balls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheet; refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, melt candy coating in deep 1 quart saucepan over low heat; stir until smooth. Stir in food color until well mixed. Remove from heat; cool 10 minutes.
- Remove truffles from refrigerator. Place 1 truffle in candy coating mixture. Use small spoon to coat truffle; immediately remove and place onto waxed paper. Repeat with remaining truffles. Refrigerate until coating is set.
- Drizzle each truffle with melted chocolate. Refrigerate until set. Place truffles in paper or foil candy cups. Store refrigerated in container with tight-fitting lid up to 2 weeks.