Prep 168 hrs
Cook 0 mins
One of the most popular liqueurs & quite easy to make at home for about 1/3 of the cost. 30% alcohol by volume. No refrigeration needed. Use in drinks such as Flying Grasshoppers, Mexican Grasshoppers, Glacier Mints, Mint Sandwich shots, Mint Chocolate shots, Mint Choc Chip Mind Fucks, Fuzzy Ethans, Eskimo Joes, Everybody's Irish and the Drunken Elf. This recipe calls for either peppermint or spearmint, but I think you actually need a combination of both. Spearmint masks the peppermint somewhat while sweetening and smoothing out the composition, but if you use too much the whole thing tastes like toothpaste.
- 226.79 g Everclear alcohol
- 14.79 ml spearmint oil or 14.79 ml peppermint oil
- 14.79 ml green food coloring
- 236.59 ml Karo light corn syrup
- 236.59 ml water (approx.)
- Mix all ingredients and pour into a bottle.
- Fill bottle with water, seal tightly, and shake frequently over the next week before using.