Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is from one of those Pillsbury cookbooks they sell by the supermarket cashiers; I bought the booklet specifically because this recipe sounded so good. Haven't tried it yet, though!
- 1 3⁄4 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packagessoftened cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup green creme de menthe
- Preheat oven to 300F; have ready an ungreased 9-inch springform pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the two crust ingredients; mix well.
- Press in the bottom and up the sides of the pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, with electric mixer, beat cream cheese until it is fluffy; slowly beat in sugar, beating until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the cream and liqueur until well blended, then pour into the crust-lined springform pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes or until the edges are set, but the centre jiggles ever so slightly when the pan is gently shaken.
- Turn oven off and leave the oven door open at least four inches; let the cheesecake sit in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the centre now appears set.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack on your counter for one hour, or until completely cooled.
- Cover, then refrigerate for at least three hours before serving.
- Just before serving, carefully run a table knife around the edges of the crust to loosen, then carefully remove the sides of the pan.
- If desired, garnish individual servings with whipped cream and a crumbled or chopped chocolate mint (the kind that has the green stripe).
Another 5 star winning for Lennie! I prepared this as part of Chia's St. Paddy's Day Potluck, and so glad I selected it! The Creme de Menthe Green was perfect for St. Paddy's Day and the flavor was the mint that I love! Cheesecake and mint - a perfect combination! Easy to prepare and a very special treat! Thanks for sharing this one, Lennie!
Delicious and easy! Just what I like in a dessert! I made it for Christmas dinner and everyone liked it.
This recipe is GREAT! For more flavor, make a topping using 8oz of sour cream, 3T sugar and 3T of creme de menthe. Spread over cold cheesecake, then sprinkle or shave ANDES MINTS over all.