Cook1 hr 30 mins
A rich Bundt cake that's half green creme de menthe and half chocolate, topped with creme de menthe flavored cream cheese frosting. I leave off the nuts and coconut. From Flavors, a San Antonio Junior League cookbook, credited to Mrs. Wilbur F. Littleton, Jr. (Jean Richards).
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup green creme de menthe
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Hersheys Chocolate Syrup
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar, sifted (powdered sugar)
- 2 tablespoons creme de menthe
- chopped nuts (optional)
- coconut (optional)
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, orange juice, oil and creme de menthe.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating about 10 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour 2/3 of this mixture into a greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Add chocolate syrup to remaining batter; pour over other batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Cool completely and frost.
- FROSTING: Combine cream cheese and butter, mixing well. Add vanilla, stir in powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Stir in creme de menthe, nuts and cocount, if desired.