Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Extra special brownies!
Make and share this Creme de Menthe Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 4 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, 1 oz squares
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine
- 4 eggs
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml semisweet chocolate morsel, melted
- 946.36 ml powdered sugar, sifted
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, melted
- 59.14 ml half-and-half
- 59.14 ml creme de menthe, green
- 236.59 ml walnuts, finely chopped
- Combine unsweetened chocolate and butter in a small, heavy saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Beat eggs at medium speed of an electric mixer until thick and lemon colored; gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add flour, salt, vanilla, and chocolate mixture; beat at low speed 1 minute.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased and floured 13x9x2 inch pan.
- Bake at 350F for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; spread Creme de Menthe Frosting (see below) over top.
- Chill at least 4 hours.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over frosting or pipe in desired design using metal tip No.3 or 4.
- Cut into bars immediately.
- Remove from pan, and chill at least 1 hour.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
- Yield 4 dozen.
- Creme de Menthe Frosting:
- Combine all ingredients except walnuts in a mixing bowl; beat at high speed of an electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in walnuts.
Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Big hit with the co-workers.
This is a required recipe around my house. The taste is out of this world.