Extra special brownies!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, 1 oz squares
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsel, melted
- 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup creme de menthe, green
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1Combine unsweetened chocolate and butter in a small, heavy saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted.
- 2Let stand 10 minutes.
- 3Beat eggs at medium speed of an electric mixer until thick and lemon colored; gradually add sugar, beating well.
- 4Add flour, salt, vanilla, and chocolate mixture; beat at low speed 1 minute.
- 5Spoon mixture into a lightly greased and floured 13x9x2 inch pan.
- 6Bake at 350F for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 7Cool 10 minutes; spread Creme de Menthe Frosting (see below) over top.
- 8Chill at least 4 hours.
- 9Drizzle melted chocolate over frosting or pipe in desired design using metal tip No.3 or 4.
- 10Cut into bars immediately.
- 11Remove from pan, and chill at least 1 hour.
- 12Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
- 13Yield 4 dozen.
- 14Creme de Menthe Frosting:
- 15Combine all ingredients except walnuts in a mixing bowl; beat at high speed of an electric mixer until smooth.
- 16Stir in walnuts.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creme de Menthe Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.9
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 31.2 mg
- Sodium 82.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 1.4 g