Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
This recipe is from Sandra Lee of the Food Network. These brownies are "baked" in the crockpot and come out minty and luscious.
- 1 (19 1/2 ounce) box milk chocolate brownie mix (Pillsbury recommended)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup creme de menthe, plus
- 2 teaspoons creme de menthe, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped creme de menthe thin candies, about 18 (Andes recommended)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly spray a 1-1/2 quart souffle dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Make a foil ring, 1-inch thick, for souffle dish to sit on inside a 5-quart slow cooker.
- In medium bowl, combine brownie mix, 2 eggs, vegetable oil, and 1/4 cup creme de menthe. Stir using 50 strokes or use a hand blender on medium speed for 1 minute to combine. Fold in chopped mint thins. Transfer to prepared souffle dish and set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, remaining egg, sugar, and 2 teaspoons creme de menthe. Using an electric mixer beat on low speed until smooth. Spread over brownie mixture. Use a butter knife to cut cream cheese mixture into brownie mixture for marble effect.
- Place souffle dish on top of foil ring in slow cooker. Lay 8 paper towels over top of slow cooker bowl and secure with lid . (This helps to trap steam.).
- Cook on LOW setting for 4-1/2 to 6 hours. (Do not lift lid to check brownies for first 3 hours.).
- Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting.