1/2 Photos of Creme De Menthe Brownie Squares
1 hr 29 mins
These rich three-layer brownie bites have a brownie base, a creamy mint filling, and a rich chocolate glaze. They freeze perfectly, so I always make them well in advance of the important occasion. NOTE: In fall 2008, Starbucks started offering these brownie squares in our area, so you know it is a popular flavor combination!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (20 ounce) package Pillsbury Fudge Brownie Mix, 9x13 size
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons green creme de menthe (or 1 t. mint extract and a couple drops of green food coloring)
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2BROWNIES: Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan. Make and bake brownies according to package directions. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Cool completely (it cannot be frosted until there is no warmth on the bottom of the pan or the frosting will slide around.
- 3MINT FROSTING: In medium bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add remaining filling ingredients; beat until smooth. Spread evenly over cooled brownies. Refrigerate until hard (approximately 30 minutes).
- 4GLAZE: In small saucepan, melt butter. Then turn off heat and stir in chips, stirring until completely smooth. Pour frosting evenly over filling; spread carefully to cover. I like to run a serrated knife across the top to give it a pattern.
- 5Refrigerate 1 hour before cutting into bars but don't let the chocolate topping harden too much or it will crack when you cut it. Store in refrigerator (they also freeze beautifully).
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creme De Menthe Brownie Squares
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.8
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.8 mg
- Sodium 107.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 1.5 g