Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I love anything that is chocolate and minty, these are divine, and no one else in my house likes chocolate and mint together, so I get them all to myself, which could be a bad thing or a good thing...
- 4 (113.39 g) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 236.59 ml butter
- 4 eggs
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml semisweet chocolate morsel, melted
Creme De Menthe Frosting
- 946.36 ml sifted powdered sugar
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 59.14 ml half-and-half
- 118.29 ml green creme de menthe
- Combine unsweetened chocolate and butter in a small heavy saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted. let stand 10 minutes.
- Beat eggs at medium with an electric mixer until thick and lemon colored; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add flour, salt, vanilla, and chocolate mix; beat at low speed 1 minute.
- Spoonmixture into a lightly greased and floured 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan. Bake at 350F for 25-30 minures. Cool 10 minutes, spread Creme De Menthe Frosting over top. Chill at least 4 hours.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over frosting, or pipe in desired design, I do criss cross, it;s simple, and looks nice. If piping use metal tip no. 3 or 4. Cut into bars immediately. Remove from pan to a serving plate, chill at least 1 hour.
- Creme De Menthe Frosting:.
- COmbine all ingredients in a moxing bowl, beat at high speed until smooth. There will be enough for 4 dozen bars.