Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
Love these bars! Overnight refrigeration for crisp, clean cuts.
Make and share this Creme De Menthe Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup oleo
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped nuts
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 3 tablespoons creme de menthe
- 2 teaspoons dry instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Melt the 1/2 cup butter and cocoa, let cool. Then add the 1/2 cup powdered sugar, beaten egg, vanilla, graham cracker crumbs, nuts and coconut. Put in 9 x 13 pan and refrigerate.
- Melt 1 1/2 cup butter, creme de menthe, pudding, 2 cups powdered sugar. Beat until smooth and spread over crust. Refrigerate until set.
- Melt the 1/4 cup butter and chocolate chips. Spread on top. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into small bars and enjoy!
I made these bars with really high hopes. I had trouble with the middle layer setting. I left them in the refrigerator overnight before spreading the top, chocolate layer on, and even then, the middle layer was almost set on top, but was very runny underneath. After spreading on the top layer, I left them in the refrigerator overnight again before I cut them, and they had still not set. I'm not too proud to say that I ate them with a spoon. ; ) I'm going to try to make them again and will re-review.