Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this at a Creme de Menthe sight! Quick and easy! Great for St. Patty's Day! If you use white creme de menthe Just add green food coloring. But I make them during Christmas!The picture shows them rolled in 1/2 cup pwdered sugar and 1 tablespoon cocoa.
- 12 ounces vanilla wafer crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup green creme de menthe
- additional powdered sugar
- Combine wafer crumbs, pecans, 1 cup powdered sugar, corn syrup and creme de menthe, blending to make a stiff dough.
- Roll into 1" balls, then roll in additional powdered sugar to coat.
- I use the food processor makes life alot easier!
Yummy, easy and fun! No issues with mushiness, I suppose you have to eye ball it when adding the liquid. Leaving the balls to sit in room temperature for a while (1 hr or so) will dry the surface to a thin crust. We love them!
I used Creme De Menthe Syrup (from the ice cream toppings section) since kids were going to be consuming. I also tried baking them which was a disaster! I baked before I rolled in powdered sugar and they just flattened. Still, they were better baked with a bit of crunch. I then dipped them in chocolate as they weren't very pretty but tasted great! Thanks.
These were much better frozen but over all I do not think they were very good. All you can taste is the alcohol so I might as well just drink it. They were mushy and the dough was awful to work with. Sorry. Guess this recipe was just not "the one" for me.