Prep 15 mins
Cook 168 hrs
I'm not sure where I got this recipe from, it may have come from a relative. Cooking time = aging time
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons karo white corn syrup
- 16 ounces 100 proof vodka
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons peppermint flavoring
- 3 -5 drops green food coloring, to reach desired color (optional)
- In a large sauce pan, dissolve sugar in water.
- Add Karo syrup, and bring mixture to a boil.
- Boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and let syrup cool to room temperature.
- When syrup has cooled, add vodka, peppermint flavoring and (optional) food coloring.
- Stir to mix well, and bottle.
- Store tightly sealed for 1 to 2 weeks before using.
this is a real christmasy after dinner drink sipping after a heavy meal is good over a couple of ice cubes