Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A creamy dessert for a dinner party or snack for the chocoholic.
- 2 cups finely chopped dark chocolate (I like to use Laura Secord's Extreme Dark chocolate, or if you're not in Canada, Lindt makes an espe)
- 2 cups at least 2% low-fat milk or 2 cups cream
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee (replaceable with your favourite cream-based liquer)
- whipped cream
- In a blender, mix the chocolate, egg, sugar, and instant coffee together. Blend on high until thoroughly mixed.
- Heat milk in a pot until steaming (do not boil) and add to blender. Blend on high until mixture is smooth.
- Pour into teacups or small martini glasses, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until the mixture is set (this usually takes 6 or 7 hours to completely set).
- Top with whipped cream and serve.
- Note: If throwing a party, for the best results, prepare this dish the night before to ensure that it sets in time for serving.