Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Mad About Muffins. One American cup of all-purpose flour weighs 5 ounces. Good on its own or dressed up with chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
For the batter
- 260 g all-purpose flour
- 50 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 170 g light muscovado sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200 ml Creme de Cacao
- 100 ml heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 g butter
- confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C for fan assisted).
- Line a muffin tin with 12 liners.
- Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl, using the back of a spoon to push the light muscovado sugar through a sieve.
- Combine eggs, creme de cacao, cream, and vanilla in a medium sized bowl, and mix with a fork. Try to avoid thickening the cream.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Add all wet ingredients to the dry, and fold together with a large metal spoon until just moistened.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the tops spring back gently when pressed.
- Cool a little on a wire rack. Dust the tops with confectioners' sugar while still warm.