Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
South American Dessert.Courtesy of foodtv-Emeril. Posted for ZWT.
- 3 avocados, well chilled, peeled, seeded, and roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 tablespoons toasted coconut, shavings
- 6 lime wedges, for garnish
- In a blender, combine the chopped avocados, sugar, cream, and lime juice. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Divide between footed dessert coups or small bowls. Garnish with coconut shavings and lime wedges.
I learned to make something similar when I was in Brazil many years ago, but without the cream. The cream adds an additional layer of goodness to this dish. I made this with regular sugar, not confectioners. A very indulgent dessert!