1/1 Photo of Creme D'argenteuil Au Crabe (Asparagus Soup W/Crab -- France)
I know there are already many variations on the asparagus soup theme here on RZ, but ... every yr at this time, I think of Andi of LMF, her abundance of fresh asparagus, her love of Maryland crab & "Sat Lunch at the Farm". This recipe found in *The Best Ever French Cooking Course* cookbook by Carole Clements & Elizabeth Wolf-Cohen met my goal in all ways. Per the intro, " The word *Argenteuil* in any French recipe almost always indicates asparagus, being the town in north-central France famed for this superb seasonal delicacy." *Enjoy* !
My Private Note
Bowl or ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a saucepan over med-high heat. Add asparagus & cook 5-6 min, stirring freq till the asparagus is bright green but not browned.
- 2Add stock & bring to a boil over high heat, skimming off any foam that rises to the surface. Simmer over med-heat for 2-4 min till the asparagus is tender, but crisp.
- 3Reserve 16-18 asparagus tips for garnishing. Season to taste w/salt & pepper, cover & continue cooking for about 15-20 min till asparagus is very tender.
- 4Puree the soup using a blender food proc or "magic bullet". Return soup to the saucepan & bring to a boil over med-high heat. Blend cornstarch w/2-3 tbsp cold water & whisk into the boliing soup to thicken. Then gradually stir in the cream, adjust seasonings to taste & serve immediately as below.
- 5*To Serve* ~ Ladle soup into bowls & top w/2 oz crab meat + a few of the reserved asparagus tips. ~~ The # of servings or serving size was not given, so I estimated 4 bowl size servings or 6 cup size servings.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creme D'argenteuil Au Crabe (Asparagus Soup W/Crab -- France)
Serving Size: 1 (532 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.5
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 96.8 mg
- Sodium 1181.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 28.2 g