Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this on Pinterest and it may have come from 'Cooking The Amazing'. Use with Carrot cake Carrot Cake
- 236.59 ml butter, unsalted, softened
- 453.59 g cream cheese, softened (2 bars)
- 709.77 ml powdered sugar
- 19.71 ml vanilla extract
- 1.23 ml almond extract
- 1 small pinch salt (very small pinch)
- Allow Butter and Cream Cheese to sit out until at room temperature and softened.
- In a large bowl, place the softened Butter.
- Cream the Butter with a hand mixer for 2 minutes.
- Then add the Cream Cheese and cream for 2 minutes or so more until well mixed.
- 1 cup at a time, add the Powdered Sugar and blend well.
- Add Salt, Vanilla and Almond Extracts and mix well.
- Taste and add more Powdered Sugar to be more sweet or more Cream Cheese to suit your taste.
- Keep Cream Cheese Icing at room temperature for the best consistency to ice Cakes.
- Refrigerate unused icing.
- To use again, bring to room temperature then mix with a hand mixer for about 1 minute before using.
- OPTION: For those that like a very strong Cream Cheese taste add another 4 oz. of Cream Cheese for a more intense flavor.