Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
- Place the sugar in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Gently heat without stirring.
- Let the sugar bubble and caramelise.
- Once this happens, quickly pour this into the base of six 150 ml ramekins and swirl to coat.
- Keep aside.
- Now, gently heat the cream and milk together.
- Let it nearly come to a boil.
- In the meantime, whisk eggs and castor sugar until pale.
- Pour the hot milk over the eggs now and mix really well.
- Next, pour into ramekin dishes.
- Stand the dishes in a large roasting tin.
- Pour in enough hot water to come half-way up the outside of the dishes.
- Cover the tin with foil and bake at 150C degrees until the custard is just set.
- Chill for minimum 2 hours.
- Invert the custard onto serving plates.
- Serve chilled!!!!!!