Recipe by Mirj
This is so good that we don't limit ourselves to just having it for breakfast.
Top Review by Bogey'sMom
I doubled this recipe and sent it to my USMC husband's shop for breakfast. It got awesome reviews. Apparently, one SSgt. in particular devoured about 1/3 of the giant pan before others could get any. Thanks for posting.
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cinnamon raisin bread
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cream
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan combine corn syrup, brown sugar, and butter.
- Melt until smooth and bubbly.
- Spread on 11 x 17-inch glass baking dish.
- Overlap bread like dominoes on the syrup.
- In large bowl combine eggs, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Pour over bread.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees, covered, for 50 to 55 minutes, uncovering last 10 minutes.
- The toast should be puffy and golden.
- Cut into 8 or 10 pieces and invert to serve.
- Top each piece with two Tablespoons sour cream and accompany with fresh berries or a cranberry or raspberry sauce.