Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Courtesy of Pam Ivbuls of Omaha, NE. at the Pillsbury Bake-Off 41 (Hollywood 2004. A yogurt drink that will make you feel as if you can "take on" the world. This is really wonderful! I've made it several times.
- 2 (6 ounce) containers Yoplait custard style creme caramel yogurt
- 1 ounce chai tea mix
- 1 ripe banana, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon smucker's caramel ice cream topping
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed ice
- 4 tablespoons whipped topping
- 4 tablespoons smucker's caramel ice cream topping
- 1 sprig mint (optional)
- In a 5 cup blender, place all smoothie ingredients and cover.
- Blend on low speed 10 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides of blender.
- Blend on medium speed an additional 20-30 seconds or until the mixture is smooth.
- Divide mixture evenly into 4 (8 oz) glasses.
- Garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon whipped cream topping.
- Drizzle each glass with sundae syrup.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint.
I liked this smoothie. Very creamy. Couldn't find the caramel yogurt so used vanilla custard instead. I used Homemade Chai mix Homemade Chai Mix. Thanks Discharf. Bullwinkle.
The flavors of this are a great compliment. I tweeked mine to what I had in the kitchen. Instead of the yogurt, I used 3 scoops of icecream. Instead of the chai mix, I had some brewed chai chilled in the fridge...used 1 cup. I confess, I eyeballed my measurements. Yes, instead of a smoothie, I turned it into a milk shake. :-) BUT same tasty results. Thanks for the recipe!