Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
this recipe is so easy, you won't even believe it! 3 simple ingredients conclude in an authentic French dessert that will wow your guests!
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- - coat inside of the molds with some unsalted butter.
- - heat milk and sugar over medium~low heat, stir constantly.
- - remove from heat when all sugar dissolves
- - add vanilla
- - cool to room temperature.
- - pre heat oven to 140 degree Celsius.
- Caramelized Sugar.
- * do not stir or shake the sauce pan in this whole step.
- - prepare a sauce pan and a larger container filled with cold water.
- - heat and mix sugar and water in a sauce pan over high heat.
- - remove immediately from heat when caramelization begins (amber, not brown).
- - dip sauce pan in cold water briefly to cool and stop caramelization, do not leave it in or sugar will crystallize.
- - slowly mix in the hot water to thin out the caramelized sugar.
- - pour a thin layer of caramelized sugar into the pudding molds, cool molds in fridge and let the sugar solidify.
- - beat eggs gently, without stirring in air bubbles.
- - mix evenly egg with the milk/sugar mixture from (1).
- - sift/strain the mixture to remove and solid chunks.
- - pour mixture into the molds.
- - place molds evenly in a deep oven pan.
- - pour hot water into the pan, to 1/2 height of the molds
- - place into the oven for 30 minute.
- - turn off oven, do not open oven.
- - remove from oven after it has cooled down.
- - cool in fridge.
- - to remove from mold, insert a small knife between custard and the mold, cut around and drop custard onto a plate.