1/1 Photo of Creme Caramel
1 hr 15 mins
Egg custards are quite simple to prepare, provided you follow the recipe directions! Avoid using excessive heat which will ruin the texture, stir the mixture constantly when cooking over direct heat & watch the mixture carefully as it thickens. I'm making this on Valentine's Day - its one of my hubby's favourite desserts!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 1/2 cup of the sugar in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring, until its a light brown syrup; pour into 8 buttered ramekins or custard cups.
- 2Place ramekins into a shallow baking pan for easier handling; preheat oven to 300°F.
- 3Beat eggs, salt & remaining sugar in a large bowl with mixer at low speed until lemon coloured; gradually beat in milk & vanilla extract.
- 4Divide the custard mixture among the ramekins; pour HOT water into pan within 1 inch of top of cups.
- 5Bake for 1 hour until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- 6Remove ramekins from Baking pan & cool on wire rack; refrigerate.
- 7To serve, loosen the custard from the cups with the tip of a sharp knife; invert onto a dessert dish, letting the syrup run down onto the side of the dish.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creme Caramel
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.5
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 145.0 mg
- Sodium 161.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 25.3 g
- Protein 6.9 g