Prep 3 hrs 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I haven't tried this one, but I am going to. I will use my Vita Mix for this recipe as it can handle heavy jobs such as this one.
- 1 cup raw almonds (soaked in water for 24 hrs.)
- 1⁄2 cup silk soy coffee creamer (vanilla would be ok here)
- 1⁄4 fresh vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon smart balance vegan margarine
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 3 large raspberries
- 2 slices kiwi fruits (thin slices)
- 1 tablespoon organic unbleached cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut-flavored liqueur or 1 tablespoon Amaretto
- Using a high powered blender, blend the almonds and water you soaked them in until thoroughly smooth. NOTE: Add a little water at a time, you don't want this to be runny.
- Add the soy cream and vanilla, butter and agave syrup. Blend until smooth and make sure the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into small ramekins to about 1/8 of an inch from the top.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- When cold, remove from the fridge and distribute the fruit evenly over the top of the creme brulee. Sprinkle with the sugar. Do this from high above the dessert. This will ensure that it will heat properly.
- Just before serving sprinkle the dessert with some of the liquor. Then from above the dessert turn on the blow torch and ignite the dessert.
- A low flame should result, serve the dish with the flame glowing.
- Bon Appetit.