Prep 14 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This is an adopted recipe that I have not yet tried. The original chef states that these are exactly like the real thing except no mess no fuss.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Cut in butter with flour.
- Add water until dough forms, let chill.
- Roll out dough and cut into round circles.
- Blind bake them at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Beat eggs with sugar until pale.
- Chill overnight.
- Pour filling into shells and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place under broiler for 2 minutes and chill.