This pancake has the flavor and texture of a rich creme brulee dessert. Watch it puff up as you cook it before it settles into a rich, thick pancake. Cut it into thick wedges and serve with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and fresh fruit. This is like a cross between a pancake and a souffle. Great company breakfast dish.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the butter in a 9-inch glass pie plate and place the dish in the oven for a few minutes to allow the butter to melt.
- In a blender, combine the creamer, flour, eggs, and salt, and blend until smooth.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 425 deg F.
- Spread the melted butter around the dish, pour in the batter, and return the dish to the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325 deg F and bake for 8 to 10 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven, and let the pancake cool slightly.
- Cut the pancake into wedges, place each wedge on a serving plate, and garnish with fresh berries.
- Serve with warm maple syrup or powdered sugar if desired.