Recipe by Tendoy5
This is the best french toast EVER. So sweet and rich! You prepare it the night before and just pop it in the oven in the morning.
Top Review by celly
I was disappointed in this... I may have did something wrong though. It had great flavor, but an overall flop for Xmas brunch. I'll give it 4 stars only because I could have messed up, but no custard crust on my toast.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light Karo syrup
- 9 slices Italian bread (sliced 1-inch thick) or 9 slices challah (sliced 1-inch thick)
- 1 dozen egg
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook butter, brown sugar and Karo syrup in small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then pour into a 9x13 pan.
- Pack bread slices into mix.
- Beat eggs, cream and vanilla. Pour over bread.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.