Cook8 hrs 40 mins
Although this is really a breakfast/brunch dish, my daughters occasionally beg to have this for supper. Occasionally I indulge them.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and honey in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth.
- Pour into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Trim crusts from bread and arrange in one layer in the baking dish.
- Whisk together the eggs, half and half, Grand Marnier,vanilla and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour evenly over the bread.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the dish from the refrigerator and let come to room temperature.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until puffed and edges are light golden brown.
- Serve immediately with individual pieces turned over with the caramel on top.