Recipe by Jenn@Cal
Yummy, easy creme brulee for two. I wanted to find a good recipe for just the two of us, so I adapted recipes until I came up with this one. You can easily multiply the ingredients for more (but leave the vanilla extract at a teaspoon). Sinfully delicious served with sliced fresh strawberries on top. Hubby asks for more as soon as he sees the ramekins in the dish rack drying!
Top Review by Sabine W.
Both me and my husband loved it.... He thinks it tastes even better than the restaurant serves. I had to leave it longer in the oven but maybe has to do with the counter top oven I used. Thank you!!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Heat heavy cream and 1/4 cup sugar over high heat until little bubbles form around the edges. Remove from heat.
- Whisk egg yolks and vanilla in a bowl, then add a tiny bit of cream mixture while whisking.
- Continue adding cream mixture bit by bit until gone. You don't want to add the hot cream mixture all at once because it'll cook the yolks.
- Pour into two creme brulee ramekins.
- Place ramekins in a baking dish with edges taller than the ramekins.
- Carefully pour enough water into the baking dish to halfway cover the sides of the ramekins. Be sure not to get water in the ramekins.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Carefully remove from oven and let cool.
- Remove ramekins from baking dish, cover with clear wrap, and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon of sugar evenly over each ramekin, and torch in slow, steady circles until sugar caramelizes.