Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Yummy, easy creme brulee for two. I wanted to find a good recipe for just the two of us, so I adapted recipes until I came up with this one. You can easily multiply the ingredients for more (but leave the vanilla extract at a teaspoon). Sinfully delicious served with sliced fresh strawberries on top. Hubby asks for more as soon as he sees the ramekins in the dish rack drying!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Heat heavy cream and 1/4 cup sugar over high heat until little bubbles form around the edges. Remove from heat.
- Whisk egg yolks and vanilla in a bowl, then add a tiny bit of cream mixture while whisking.
- Continue adding cream mixture bit by bit until gone. You don't want to add the hot cream mixture all at once because it'll cook the yolks.
- Pour into two creme brulee ramekins.
- Place ramekins in a baking dish with edges taller than the ramekins.
- Carefully pour enough water into the baking dish to halfway cover the sides of the ramekins. Be sure not to get water in the ramekins.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Carefully remove from oven and let cool.
- Remove ramekins from baking dish, cover with clear wrap, and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon of sugar evenly over each ramekin, and torch in slow, steady circles until sugar caramelizes.
Delicious & easy
This was the first time I've ever made creme brulee and I must say this was a complete success! It came out perfect and so delicious! My husband even said this might of been the best he's ever had!!! Note: I left the creme brulee in the oven for another 15 mins after keeping it there for 40 mins and kept checking on it by giving it a little jiggle to test if it was ready.