Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs 10 mins
Posted in response to a request. This is from Recipe Goldmine. I have not made it, but it looks yummy. Number of servings is a guess. Cooking time also includes 4 1/2 hours minimum chilling time.
- 48 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 6 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 4 teaspoons orange rind
- 3 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar (for topping)
- boiling water (for baking)
- strawberry, to garnish
- raspberries, to garnish
- blueberries, to garnish
- In a bowl beat together the cream cheese, ½ cup of sugar and sour cream on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the eggs, heavy cream and orange peel; beat until smooth.
- In another bowl, mix until well blended the vanilla wafer crumbs, butter and brown sugar.
- With fingers pat the wafer mixture into a springform pan; top the wafer mixture with the cheese mixture.
- Place pan into a larger pan and add boiling water to cover halfway up sides of springform pan.
- Bake at 325°F about 40 minutes until set.
- Remove the springform pan from water very carefully and let cool 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- At serving time, slowly unmold the cake from the pan, sprinkle with the ¾ cup sugar and broil under broiler until sugar melts and browns (be careful not to burn the sugar).
- Place cheesecake on a serving platter and surround with fresh strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.