1/1 Photo of Creme Brulee by the Spoonful
1 hr 30 mins
Evelyn L Jepson's Note:
This is a recipe found on the Ricardo Larrivee site. The spoons are a Japanese 5" Miso Spoon. I found difficulty getting these, till I got the name right. I found a supply at Walmart. I still need to get my last 9 spoons. I want 12. I thought this would be a great recipe for entertaining.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2In a saucepan, slowly heat the cream and add the vanilla to the warmed cream.
- 3In a bowl, beat the egg yolks and the sugar.
- 4Whisk in the hot cream.
- 5Pour into three 150ml (2/3 cup) ramekins.
- 6Place the ramekins in a baking dish and add enough hot water to reach 3/4 of the way up the sides of the ramekins.
- 7Bake for about 30 minutes.
- 8The water should barely simmer, never boil.
- 9Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- 10Just before serving, scoop a small amount of the custard into attractive (miso) soup spoons.
- 11Sprinkle with sugar and caramelize quickly using a blowtorch.
- 12Serve immediately with coffee.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creme Brulee by the Spoonful
Serving Size: 1 (14 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.6
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 44.6 mg
- Sodium 5.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 0.6 g