Recipe by Evelyn L Jepson
This is a recipe found on the Ricardo Larrivee site. The spoons are a Japanese 5" Miso Spoon. I found difficulty getting these, till I got the name right. I found a supply at Walmart. I still need to get my last 9 spoons. I want 12. I thought this would be a great recipe for entertaining.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a saucepan, slowly heat the cream and add the vanilla to the warmed cream.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks and the sugar.
- Whisk in the hot cream.
- Pour into three 150ml (2/3 cup) ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in a baking dish and add enough hot water to reach 3/4 of the way up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- The water should barely simmer, never boil.
- Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Just before serving, scoop a small amount of the custard into attractive (miso) soup spoons.
- Sprinkle with sugar and caramelize quickly using a blowtorch.
- Serve immediately with coffee.