Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Excellent Brulee' which can be used for the Passover Holiday.
Make and share this Creme Brulee recipe from Food.com.
- In a heavy saucepan, slowly heat the milk with the vanilla bean; do not boil or the milk will curdle.
- Remove and split the bean, scrape out the seeds, and return them to the milk.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, egg whites, sugar, potato starch and vanilla.
- Slowly whisk this mixture into the hot milk.
- Cook over low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the custard coats the back of the spoon.
- Divide the custard into eight 6-ounce ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in a baking dish with 2" sides.
- Pour hot water into the baking dish, until the water comes halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the ramekins from the dish and place them on a rack to cool.
- Refrigerate until well chilled, about 2 hours.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Sprinkle each custard lightly with brown sugar, spreading it evenly to the edges.
- Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and broil for about 1 minutes, until the sugar is melted and bubbly.
- Watch carefully.
- Remove and serve immediately, or chill until served.