Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Excellent Brulee' which can be used for the Passover Holiday.
Make and share this Creme Brulee recipe from Food.com.
- In a heavy saucepan, slowly heat the milk with the vanilla bean; do not boil or the milk will curdle.
- Remove and split the bean, scrape out the seeds, and return them to the milk.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, egg whites, sugar, potato starch and vanilla.
- Slowly whisk this mixture into the hot milk.
- Cook over low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the custard coats the back of the spoon.
- Divide the custard into eight 6-ounce ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in a baking dish with 2" sides.
- Pour hot water into the baking dish, until the water comes halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the ramekins from the dish and place them on a rack to cool.
- Refrigerate until well chilled, about 2 hours.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Sprinkle each custard lightly with brown sugar, spreading it evenly to the edges.
- Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and broil for about 1 minutes, until the sugar is melted and bubbly.
- Watch carefully.
- Remove and serve immediately, or chill until served.