1 hr 10 mins
Excellent Brulee' which can be used for the Passover Holiday.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a heavy saucepan, slowly heat the milk with the vanilla bean; do not boil or the milk will curdle.
- 2Remove and split the bean, scrape out the seeds, and return them to the milk.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 4Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, egg whites, sugar, potato starch and vanilla.
- 5Slowly whisk this mixture into the hot milk.
- 6Cook over low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the custard coats the back of the spoon.
- 7Divide the custard into eight 6-ounce ramekins.
- 8Place the ramekins in a baking dish with 2" sides.
- 9Pour hot water into the baking dish, until the water comes halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- 10Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 11Remove the ramekins from the dish and place them on a rack to cool.
- 12Refrigerate until well chilled, about 2 hours.
- 13Preheat the broiler.
- 14Sprinkle each custard lightly with brown sugar, spreading it evenly to the edges.
- 15Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and broil for about 1 minutes, until the sugar is melted and bubbly.
- 16Watch carefully.
- 17Remove and serve immediately, or chill until served.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creme Brulee
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.5
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 142.6 mg
- Sodium 176.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 43.5 g
- Protein 12.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: