Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Made this for my anniversary years ago and we really enjoyed it.
- 8 egg yolks
- 4 eggs
- 6 ounces brown sugar
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces brown sugar
- Mix eggs, yolks, and 6 ounces brown sugar.
- Heat cream to scalding point and gradually pour into eggs.
- Add salt and vanilla.
- Strain, divide into 12 individual 5 oz.
- dishes or one shallow larger dish.
- Bake in hot water bath at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Dry 3 ounces brown sugar in a warm oven.
- Break lumps with a rolling pin, sprinkle on top of custard and caramelize under the broiler.
This was very easy! If I knew how easy I`d be 300 pounds now!! My cat even liked it! I do have to get myself a torch!
The heavy cream was cloying. I generally use half and half for my creme brulee, and don't end up with 101.2 g fat per serving. Would be good otherwise.
It was an easy recipe. People that want diet food should probably avoid creme brulee for a desert choice. My family and friends loved this dish. I will continue to make this recipe. I highly reccommend it to anybody that loves rich deserts.