Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
title says it all. This is a delicious and incredibly simple recipe for a classic desert.
- preheat oven to 325.
- pour heavy cream into small saucepan and heat.
- slice vanilla bean and add to heavy cream.
- heat cream/vanilla bean to boiling.
- at boil, remove from heat, cover and let sit for 15 minutes.
- in medium mixing bowl, mix egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar, whip slightly.
- when cream is ready, add slowly to egg and sugar mixture.
- pour mixture into ramekins (approximately 6 8oz. servings).
- place ramekins in a cake pan and fill cake pan with hot water til water is halfway up the side of the ramekin.
- cook until firm, but still jiggly in the center (about 45 minutes).
- place in fridge for about two hours (for up to about 3 days).
- remove from fridge and sprinkle top with a pinch of sugar.
- use torch or salamander to crisp the sugar and serve immediately.