Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
this turned out so creamy it just melts in your mouth!
- heat (low heat) sugar together with some water (just enough water to cover the sugar), till sugar caramelises (when it turns goldenbrown).
- shock the caramel by pouring milk and cream the moment it turns the colour you want it to be, at this point add vanilla.
- beat the egg yolks together and temper with the milk mixture. to do this, pour a tablespoon of the milk mixture into the egg yolks while stirring, continue with subsequent tablespoons until the egg yolks feel hand hot.
- pour the egg mixture into the remaining milk mixture.
- refrigerate for about an hour (opt).
- preheat oven to 325 degrees farenheit, and boil some water.
- arrange ramekins in a baking tin about 1cm taller then the cups.
- pour into ramekins, or coffee cups, by pouring over back of a tablespoon. this will reduce the foaming.
- pour boiling water into the tin, making sure the water level is the same as the egg mixture in the cups.
- bake for around half an hour, or till when moved, the creme brulee jiggles.
- can be served cold or hot.