1/5 Photos of Creme Brulee
2 hrs 40 mins
This is so silky smooth and decadent.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2In a large bowl cream together egg yolks and 3/4 cup sugar with a whisk till pale yellow and thick.
- 3Pour creme into medium saucepan over low heat.
- 4Bring cream to a brief simmer, do not boil and add vanilla.
- 5Remove from heat and temper the egg mixture by adding 1/2 cup of cream at a time while continuously whisking to keep eggs from cooking.
- 6Keep whisking till all cream is added.
- 7divide into six 6-oz ramikins about 3/4 way full.
- 8Place ramekins in roasting pan and add water to pan till about 1/2 way up sides of ramikins.
- 9Bake till barely set around the edges, 40 minute.
- 10If starts to brown place a piece of foil on top.
- 11Remove from heat and let cool at room temperature.
- 12Transfer ramekins to fridge.
- 13Chill for about 2 hours.
- 14Sprinkle each w/ 1 tbsp sugar, hold a kitchen torch 2 inches over surface and use just long enough to brown the sugar.
- 15Garnish with fruit, raspberry sauce, cookies-- whatever--and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creme Brulee
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 768.8
- Calories from Fat 583
- Total Fat 64.8 g
- Saturated Fat 38.7 g
- Cholesterol 466.3 mg
- Sodium 71.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 37.9 g
- Protein 6.8 g