- 2 cups milk or 2 cups 10% cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat milk in pot over medium heat until hot- but not boiling.
- In a large bowl, beat yolks, sugar& cornstarch together until well combined.
- Slowly beat in milk.
- Transfer back to pot& cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon (about 5- 7 minutes).
- Add vanilla.
- Pour mixture through a fine msh sieve into a clean bowl.
- Sprinkle sugar lightly over the top to prevent a skin from forming.
- Cool, then chill.