Adopted from Recipezaar account 9/15/2006. Original recipe courtesy of Mean Chef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scrape the vanilla bean seeds into the milk in a heavy saucepan.
- 2Add the vanilla bean pod and the sugar and heat until the milk is warm but not simmering.
- 3Meanwhile, prepare an ice bath--a bowl partially filled with ice, with another bowl nested inside it.
- 4Lightly whisk together the egg yolks in a separate bowl, then gradually add some of the warmed milk, whisking constantly.
- 5Pour the mixture back into the saucepan.
- 6Cook over low to moderate heat, stirring constantly with a heatproof spatula, always scraping the bottom, until the custard thickens enough to coat the spatula.
- 7Immediately strain the cooked custard through a fine sieve into the bowl set in the ice.
- 8Stir the creme anglaise with a clean spatula to cool it down.
- 9Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 10Crème anglaise will keep in the refrigerator for up to three days.
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creme Anglaise
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.1
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 266.0 mg
- Sodium 109.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: